Are your periods irregular or too heavy with unbearable menstrual cramps? Are you drastically losing your scalp hair and experiencing hair thinning with excessive unwanted hair growth on the face and body? Are issues of acne bothering you badly? Do not ignore these symptoms. They can be the consequence of haywire changes in hormones or the onset of an endocrine disorder.
PCOS, a disorder of the endocrine system, can trigger a series of gynecological, skin, hair, and other health issues. These problems can aggravate over time if not treated on time. PCOS treatment is all about managing the symptoms and regularizing menstruation. Ayurveda can help find solutions with its whole encyclopedia of plant-based nature science.
Ashokarishta is proven to have PCOS and PCOD healing characteristics. Also known as a women’s natural friend, Ashokarishta is a highly suggested PCOD ayurvedic medicine as it helps balance the hormones and improve the overall health of a woman.
This article speaks about the ayurvedic science of Ashokarishta and how one can benefit from this wonderful ayurvedic medicine.
In this Article
Get a consultation with the best specialist in your Location
Ashokarishta for PCOS: What is it?
Ashokarishta is a herbal or ayurvedic medicine used to treat PCOS and PCOD problems in women. It boosts the immune system, reduces inflammation, and improves digestion. It mainly consists of the bark of the Ashoka tree (scientific name: Saraca asoca) blended with 14 other herbs and jaggery.
- Mango Seed
- Kalonji seeds
- Mustak Roots
- Sandalwood extract
- Dhataki flowers
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry
- Utpala flowers
- Cumin seeds
Ashokarishta for PCOS: What Does the Research Say?
PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian/Ovary Syndrome, a leading cause of infertility in women, triggers many gynecological issues. It affects the psychological and dermatological health causing an array of hormonal conditions within the body, including changes in mood, male pattern baldness, acne, and unwanted facial and body hair growth.
In ayurvedic science, the cysts or ‘medha Granth’ develop due to Vata (irregular ovulation) and Kapha dosha (improper uterine function). The two doshas stimulate a series of hormonal changes causing pitta dosha (ailments of the digestive system). In turn, digestive tract problems initiate skin, hair, and other health issues.
Ayurvedic science also says that aahara (food) and niyama (routine) are the two key elements essential for good health. Any disturbances in either element cause health problems, including reproductive health issues. The plant-based medication in Ayurveda provides a holistic treatment approach of fulfilling the two essential elements and managing the varied symptoms of PCOS. Ashokarishta has powerful healing herbs that balance Vata, Kapha, and pitta doshas of the body.
Ashokarishta for PCOS: Benefits and Side effects
The therapeutic properties of ashwagandha taken in prescribed doses include strengthening the uterus, improving ovarian functions, and reducing inflammation. The other benefits of Ashokarishta are as below.
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent
- Improves digestion
- Its anti-cancer properties help prevent cancer
- Improves hemoglobin levels in the blood
- Relieves abdominal bloating
- Increases estrogens in the body
- Supports uterine health and relieves menstrual cramps
- Prevents ischemia (insufficient blood supply to the uterus)
- Diminishes premenstrual symptoms like abdominal cramps, headaches, nausea, and vomiting
- Treats PCOS symptoms of heavy menstrual flow and regularizes menstruation.
- Help treat three uterine conditions:
- Menorrhagia- Heavy continued menstrual bleeding
- Metrorrhagia- Excessive uterine bleeding between periods
- Menometrorrhagia- Excessive bleeding during regular menstruation and at irregular intervals.
- Take care of acne, loss of hair, and unwanted facial hair growth.
- Help maintain a healthy body weight
- Ashokarishta is rich in calcium and other minerals required for maintaining healthy bones and reduces the risk of menopausal osteoporosis.
- Help maintain a healthy weight by balancing the doshas within the body.
Ashokarishta works best when used precisely. But, you may have to avoid its usage in the following conditions.
- People having hypertension will have to consult their healthcare provider before taking Ashokarishta as it can cause constipation or aggravate painful periods.
- Ashokarishta contains small amounts of jaggery and may be concerning for diabetic patients.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers must avoid this medication.
- Always take the recommended or prescribed doses as overdose can lead to adverse reactions like a stomach upset or acidity.
- Excessive use can upset the menstrual cycle as well.
Get a consultation from the best IVF center of your Location
Ashokarishta’s ayurvedic treatment for PCOS focuses on balancing the doshas of the body. A woman with PCOS undergoes hormonal changes, inducing varied symptoms affecting overall health. A super blend of 14 essential herbs, the bark of the Ashoka tree, and jaggery (the digester) can help relieve the various PCOS symptoms. The right doses of Ashokarishta with proper guidance from the doctor can become a woman’s natural friend.